[Comm2011] FF - gain

Konrad Kuijken kuijken at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Thu Apr 14 09:22:07 CEST 2011

> - when comparing similar exposures with different electronic filter
> settings in fact 31 out of 32 chips show signal changes corresponding to
> gain change deduced from the "gain recipe". So it seems gain recipe
> works well, and there is indeed a different effective gain for different
> filter settings.

Hi Edwin,
THe fact that the gain recipe gives different results for different filter settings does NOT necessarily mean the gain changed. The recipe assumed that the filter does not have any smoothing effect but this may be wrong. So photometric tests of the gain are very important.
Can we do this test quickly?
Koen