[Comm2011] extinction monitoring

Gert Sikkema sikkema at astro.rug.nl
Thu Aug 11 01:49:27 CEST 2011

 dear all,

 during this run, we observed the polar field and ran the extinction
monitoring script 3 times a night. Almost all the time it seemed to
be slightly above the standard curve and we concluded that these were
photometric conditions. We wonder if , at some time, we can replace
the curve with our own data. However, could the extinction also
depend on season? We wonder if there are extinction report which are
below the curve , done in one of the previous commisioning runs. It
may be a good idea to make a plot with horizontally the date, and
vertically the quantified, fitted, extintion value.
 GS