[Comm2011] md5sums

John P. McFarland mcfarland at astro.rug.nl
Tue Mar 29 15:10:21 CEST 2011

Hi Ewout,

I had been uncompressing the data and using that as a check for
corruptness.
All files have decompressed properly.  When I check with the md5sums, I get
fails.  It is possible that the headers have been changed or the
compression
was not lossless.  Danny has done some ReadNoises, so you can compare those
to your values (he used a BIAS template, so you would have to use the same
input frames).  We know this is a robust detection of compression issues.
Also, you could e-mail me a set of headers from one of your files that I
can
compare to mine.  I suspect it is the remnant compression keywords that is
the problem.  The only two solutions in that case is to not compress the
data (not really a possibility), or to compare only the md5sums of the data
regions only.

Cheers,

-=John