[Comm2011] report from Groningen

Gijs Verdoes Kleijn verdoes at astro.rug.nl
Thu Mar 31 15:05:51 CEST 2011

Dear Ewout et al.,

A brief summary report for you from Groningen data analysis:
Tilt: can we help (see John's email for details)?
PSF distorsions :  can we help (see John's email for details)?
Crosstalk: we will also look into effect of cable replacement here.
Linearity: well within specs for all CCDs
Saturation:     already at 57000 ADU
Readnoise:    seems in spec: to be confirmed completely
Bias: seem in spec: to be confirmd completey
Hotpixels:     hot pixel counts look ok compared to ILT 2005 report.
DomeFlats: patterns noted which were also seen in Fabrice's thesis.
Effect on data reduction TBD.
Coldpixels: counts look ok compared to ILT 2005 report
Science Data: data reduction on-going. Quick look raw data so far:
cosmetics: bad columns here and there, reflected light.

Feel free to off-load tasks on us when possible.

Best wishes, on behalf of team here, Gijs

--
|dr Gijs Verdoes Kleijn         |   astronomer                     |
|e-mail: verdoes at astro.rug.nl   |   OmegaCEN / Kapteyn Institute / |