[Comm2011] New photometric standard star catalog

Ewout M. Helmich helmich at astro.rug.nl
Thu Oct 27 11:54:31 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've committed a new version (v12) of the standard star catalog. This
will automatically be used from now on. The difference is in the Sloan
stars. Compared to v11, DR5 stars have been replaced by DR7, and the
size of the extracted areas around SA field centers was increased to
2.5x2.5 degrees from 1.1x1.1 degrees. For SA112 I've limited the size to
1.7x1.7 degrees because its a dense field and the number of returned
sources appears to be capped by the Sloan database.

Because of the large field sizes the new catalog is 56MB (up from 33MB).
For performance reasons, we may decide in the future to remove SA fields
we don't use, or decrease their sizes.

Regards,
Ewout