[Comm2011] Fwd: AW: AW: CCD # 92 / Going home

John P. McFarland mcfarland at astro.rug.nl
Mon Sep 12 12:41:35 CEST 2011

Hi All,

On the night of 10/11 Sept, the quick check shows that ESO_CCD_#93 (ninety-three) shows anomalous behavior.  The light sensitive region is significantly below the overscan regions (60-130 ADU versus ~185) and shows a gradient in the Y-direction (see attachment, overscan pixels are white here).  I do note what at first appears to be bright cosmic ray events, but upon closer inspection look more like chip anomalies (e.g., hot pixels, traps).

Cheers,

-=John