[KIDS] Crosstalk on CCD96 exceeds bias level

Massimo Dall'Ora dallora at na.astro.it
Thu Apr 19 08:42:52 CEST 2012

Hi Ewout,

interesting plot....

>From the stellar photometry point of view (that is my point of view), to
increase the bias level has no scientific effects, apart of to slightly reduce
the dynamical range, and to increase the noise of the measurements at high
magnitudes.

Probably some issue could arise for the extended sources, since an increase of
the bias level of ~600 counts introduces an additional noise of  ~25 counts,
that could mask faint features.

Regards
massimo