[KIDS] Announcement: KiDS Internal Data Release 2 (KiDS-INT-DR2)

Gijs Verdoes Kleijn verdoes at astro.rug.nl
Tue Dec 4 00:00:04 CET 2012

Dear KiDS team,

We present you the KiDS Internal Data Release 2 (KiDS-INT-DR2).

We have selected a focused set of KiDS u,g,r, and i observations of 13
square degrees in KiDS-N.

We have processed this with the latest KiDS pipeline inside Astro-WISE
and done intensive quality assessment. KiDS-INT-DR2 serves two purposes:

  *
    to extend the use of KiDS data for science cases. Doing science with
    KiDS is the real test of the delivered survey products, in terms of
    applicability and quality.
  *
    act as a first dry-run for KiDS-ESO-DR1. This is our 1st Public
    Release to ESO, scheduled for March 2013. KiDS-INT-DR2 constitutes a
    main component of the Public Release.

The release note can be found at:
http://wiki.astro-wise.org/projects:kids:data_deliveries:internaldelivery2.0

At your earliest convencience, please inspect the data prior to the KiDS
team meeting 12-13 December
We appreciate feedback certainly also prior to the meeting.

At the team meeting the Production Team will be present to discuss
KiDS-INT-DR2 and give presentations.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.

With kinds regards, on behalf of the full KiDS Production Team,
Gijs Verdoes Kleijn
Jelte de Jong
Aniello Grado
Konrad Kuijken
Edwin Valentijn

--
|dr Gijs Verdoes Kleijn         |   astronomer                     |
|e-mail: verdoes at astro.rug.nl   |   OmegaCEN / Kapteyn Institute / |