[KIDS] QC Detector Calibration - Stability of the DomeFlat

D.R. Boxhoorn danny at astro.rug.nl
Thu Feb 23 17:15:10 CET 2012

Dear all,

While looking at the long term trend of the dome flat we made the following
movies

http://wiki.astro-wise.org/projects:kids:qualitycontrol:qc_calibrations#movies

where you can get an idea of the stability of the dome flat over a period
of a few months. You can see that the overall structure is constant and
that dust particles are moving. The fact that the structure appears to be
so constant led us to create stdev maps for about 50 master dome flats over
a slightly larger period. The result is shown here.

   http://wiki.astro-wise.org/projects:kids:flatfield

The standard deviation of each pixel is about 0.0013±0.0003 for all ccd's
except 82 and 92 which have a value of around 0.0015.
Remember that the dome flats are normalized to 1.
One of the dome flats was different enough to be excluded from the stdev
map.

What is your impression and experience with this?
In particular, we know that ccd #82 misbehaves, but we have not checked yet
why ccd #92 demonstrates a little bit higher stdev. Of course, this is only
the result for OCAM_g_SDSS, and analysis of the other filters still has to
take place. The script to create the map will be put in
astro/experimental/kids.

Cheers,

Ewout and Danny