[KIDS] ccd Crosstalk

Ewout M. Helmich helmich at astro.rug.nl
Tue May 8 12:11:24 CEST 2012

Hi Lino,

There is a difference between measuring the crosstalk and correcting for
it. Two things will likely happen:

1) Your example would produce outliers in the fit to measure crosstalk
for all "overlapping" pixels (this in both plots #95 -> #96 and #96 ->
#95). Presumably the overall fits will not be affected much because
clipping is done before the fit. There will be other (and more) pixels
with e.g. value 40000ADU that fall on the background in the other CCD
rather than another star.

2) Saturated pixels in #96 will be affected by crosstalk from #95, and
therefore you get a comparable issue as happens on the low end when
negative crosstalk is larger than the bias level: you get a dark spot on
top of the saturated star in #96.

Regards,
Ewout