[KIDS] comparison of KIDS to SDSS photometry

Konrad Kuijken kuijken at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Fri Nov 30 10:40:18 CET 2012

Hi all,
Beautiful work! Jelte and I looked at the plots yesterday and indeed concluded that the step functions correspond to the size of the Sloan chips. The pattern in iband is 2.5 deg wide, exactly the width of a stripe in Sloan. Two interleaved exposures, six chips with large gaps each, similar to a 1d version of the paw print pattern in vista, would give the step pattern you find.

One thing to check: does the effect show up if you use Sloan psf magnitudes? Petrosian mags might be a little seeing dependent, psf mags should be optimal if they have done their analysis right.

Thanks
Konrad