[KIDS] Quality-WISE updates

J.P. McFarland mcfarland at astro.rug.nl
Tue Apr 9 13:32:56 CEST 2013

Hi Everybody,

I have updated Quality-WISE in an attempt to improve robustness and
performance.  The main issues surround the calculation of global astrometry
statistics and database performance, both during simultaneous page loads.

The statistics calculation no longer requires retrieval to disk of the
residuals catalog, but still can fail to calculate statistics quite often.
 I am baffled as to why this is as the catalog data always appears
complete.  Despite these failures, the page now loads properly with the
exception of these statistic values.  If you see values of -1 in the
statistics region, such a failure occurred.  Reloading the page will (in
most cases) properly recalculate these statistics.  Once the database is
cleared for evolution, we will add these values directly to the
GAstrometric class and this type of failure will no longer be an issue.

As for performance, simultaneous requests of information from the 128 or
160 regrids that went into a given coadd will slow things down
considerably.  I have previously optimized this process, but there exist
two approaches.  I will look into the other approach (previously abandoned
for performance reasons) and see if there is any improvement possible.  For
now, expect delays up to a few minutes when requesting multiple coadd pages
simultaneously.

As always, please report any unusual occurrences with timing information or
error printouts to me.

Cheers,

-=John