[KIDS] completeness/contamination

G. Sikkema sikkema at astro.rug.nl
Tue Feb 5 16:54:05 CET 2013

hi Francesco,

thanks for the analysis report on completeness for field KIDS_135_-1.5.
We are currently reprocessing the g,r,i tiles, to see if we can remove
the satellite tracks.
However, the new satellite code has problems removing very faint
satellite tracks (at ~2 times the nosie).
So in my opinion, it would be good to set the detection threshold at
least to 2 and min_area at 5.
Could you also send the source distribution plots (i.e.:
CONTAMINATION_xy_min3_thre2.0.jpg ) for the following configurations?:
min_area=5 & detect_thresh=2.5
min_area=5 & detect_thresh=2.0
min_area=3 & detect_thresh=2.5

And from what band was your source distrubtion plot derived?
GS

--
dr. Gert Sikkema

Kapteyn Institute