[WP3] gpg key

Kor G. Begeman kgb at astro.rug.nl
Wed Jan 23 15:02:19 CET 2008

L.S.

For the dataservers to work correctly together you need to install our
public gpg key in the HOME directory of the account your dataservers are
running from. This is for authentication of the commands for moving
files to the ddata directory (non-destructive delete). In order to
achieve this you should do the following:

login to the account your dataserver(s) is(are) running from.

 > gpg --search-keys Dataserver authentication key

Choose the number for which the text is something like:

Dataserver authentication key (Authentication key for local data servers)
           1024 bit DSA key 12BF202A, created 2006-07-11

and this key will be installed.

To verify the key you should run:

 > gpg --fingerprint

and check that the fingerprint reads exactly this:

Key fingerprint = F263 615B C2A4 02D3 7517  0CE4 E708 5681 2FE1 2C0E

If not, please remove the key immediately and contact me.

Later this week an extra dataserver in Nijmegen will be incorporated
into our little group of dataservers. It should be added to the
remote_dataservers parameter. Its name will be:

ds.astro.ru.astro-wise.org:8000

(Yes, it is indeed astro.ru and not astro.rug which is our Groningen
group of dataservers!)

Wim Jansen is the person responsable in Nijmegen and he has joined the
wp3 list recently.

Please inform me when you have completed the installation of our public
gpg key.

Regards,

Kor
--