[WP3] Dataservers

Kor Begeman kgb at astro.rug.nl
Wed Apr 27 11:26:07 CEST 2011

Folks,

Around 2011-04-16, about 11 A.M. something weird happened  to the
connection with the Naples data server which caused our data servers and
the Nijmegen data server to keep alive a thread which is contacting the
data servers hourly to exchange info about disk space  and file counts.
The cause of this problem we don't know, but we changed the data server
code to start a new thread when the old thread has been alive for more
than 6 hours. Therefore you all should restart your data servers (and
test data servers) with the new code.

I also checked the configuration of all connected data servers and I
found the following problems, which you should solve prior to restarting
the data servers with the newest code:

1) The Bonn and Muenchen data servers are missing the Napels data server
  (ds.na.astro.astro-wise.org) on port 8000 and 18000
2) The Muenchen test data server is missing or port 18000 is closed!
3) The Napels data server does not allow connections from the Groningen
data server running on ip 129.125.14.119 and 129.125.14.220.

Cheers,

Kor

--
Dr. K.G. Begeman