[Comm2011] Distorsion, crosstalk, tilt: outlook for OCAM 1B

Konrad Kuijken kuijken at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Fri Apr 1 17:27:52 CEST 2011

I discussed OCAM1B briefly with Bernard last night.
We will try to measure the tilt now from focus runs in the coming
days, and test it with shims during 1B. So we will have to measure the
focus tilt again then, to look for (inevitable) sign errors.
I have an automatic script which analyses focus sequences over hte
whole field automatically (no more clicking for 1.5 hours Ewout!)
which seems to work; I'll take charge of these measurements and
interact with VST on this.

Crosstalk is being worked on by Olaf - could be some poorly shielded
cables somewhere. It only shows up with point source measurements,
which we are not able to generate during the day (even a pinhole mask
in the filter give very fat spots - nice camera obscura pictures of
the primary actually!). So it needs nighttime observations. ODT is
still there for almost a week and this is high on their list, together
with the gain/saturation/linearity.

We think it would be great to have a few more nighttime astronomers on
the mountain for 1B!
Please note Ewout modified the PSF anisotropy plot of qualitywise to
have the line length reflect ellipticity size instead of FWHM. I think
we can still tweak this some more.

Off to the airport.

Phew!

Koen