[Comm2011] Status

helmich helmich at astro.rug.nl
Thu Apr 28 00:32:25 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,

John and I have arrived on Paranal. We went up immediately with Olaf
to take observations for the purpose of gain. There were a few issues
getting the instrument/telescope software running again.

We're in the middle of taking readnoise, quick check (r'), gain (z')
and 2 more biases requested by Dietrich within the OB for gain. We'll
take all these observations for 3 detector settings (maybe 4):

1) current setting (FIERA filtering changed)
2) old (2005) settings

3) newer settings (FIERA filtering changed + preamp changed to boost
gain)

Regards,

Ewout