[Comm2011] Data transfer stopped?

Stefano Zampieri szampier at eso.org
Wed Aug 10 09:55:06 CEST 2011

Dear Ewout,
  the problem was a disk full on the FTP server (dta-srv).
  Now I've cleaned it and the data transfer is now working
  again - there are about 400 pending files to be transferred.

  Sorry for the inconvenience.

  @DHA: to investigate possible evalso-light problems:
on evalso_2
-----------
/data/evalso/processing: contains the files to be transferred.
Files are deleted after successful transfer therefore this
directory should contain only a few files if everything goes well.
In this case there were more than 400 files in this directory.

/data/evalso/log: contains the evalso-light log files, in
particular evalsoTransfer.<date>
Transfer errors can be found by searching the string "status=1"
in the evalsoTransfer log files. A file is not deleted if the
transfer was unsuccessful therefore the transfer script will try
again to transfer it.

As user archeso you can also ssh to dta-srv and check the
available disk space. On dta-srv the data are stored under:
/data/evalso/OMEGA/<date>
To clean up some space you can just delete data older than a week or so.

Best Regards
Stefano