[Comm2011] OCAM2 daily log day 3

G. Sikkema sikkema at astro.rug.nl
Fri Jun 10 19:26:40 CEST 2011

hi John,
I tried to analyse the illumination variations in both g and z of this
night.
First of all: the exposures overlap is excellent for the 33 pointings...
Secondly: we have now 2x more stars in common in each chip for SA107
compared to our previous analysis for SA110, i.e. 61 stars for SA107 and
~30 for SA110.

Currently :
for z we need to construct a good fringe frame which may be constructed
from the 33 pointings. I do not see illumination variations when using a
default fringe frame, however, this default frame does not remove most
fringes... furthermore we need skyflats in z, I use forever skyflats at
this moment

For g: the results look reasonable. One pointing of the 33 likely had
cirrus in its field of view because it has an offset of +0.2 mag
compared to the others. Please compare  our previous attempt  plot
illum_gain_corrected_gband_OCAM1B.jpg with the current  plot
illum_gain_corrected_gband_OCAM2.jpg, and note the offset (for chip 87)

The plots show the common stars ~30 for SA110 vs 61 stars in SA107 in
each chip.

I am curious what rotator angle was used compared to our previous attempt.

cheers,
Gert S.

--
dr. Gert Sikkema