[Comm2011] More...

John P. McFarland mcfarland at astro.rug.nl
Thu Mar 31 12:51:40 CEST 2011

Hi Ewout,

It appears that Koen has written the equivalent of an automated, high
resolution version of the MIDAS procedure for getting the best focus
positions out of the focus sequences.  I am now trying to see where best my
resources can be used regarding this.  It seems to me that using the MIDAS
procedure is now deprecated and likely not even worth my time.  Any
solutions reached with Koen's methods will be far better than anything I
could do here.  Is Koen's procedure portable to here, or should I not worry
about this aspect of the tilt determination?  Please discuss this with Koen
and see if there is anything I can help with regarding the tilt
determination.

Cheers,

-=John