[Comm2011] Comissioning logs day 2

John P. McFarland mcfarland at astro.rug.nl
Sun May 1 13:10:24 CEST 2011

Hi All,

There were many problems last night including a hidden interlock and a
stubborn dome shutter that cost at least 8 hours.  Once those were solved
sometime in the middle of the night, the telescope/instrument software had
huge problems, that according to the assistants could easily have been
caused by the upgrade to VLT2010 during the day.  I think Andrea will have
his hands full today sorting it out.  In the end, we did manage to get about
a dozen exposures.  Only the first 4 are documented in the log, but the rest
are in the message from Koen below.  I will integrate those entries into the
logs this evening sometime.

Cheers,

-=John