[KIDS] Photom: QA script v1.3

Gijs Verdoes Kleijn verdoes at astro.rug.nl
Tue Mar 6 16:01:08 CET 2012

Dear Photometry Survey Task team, KiDS survey team members,

I have created a new version of the quality assessment script for
OmegaCAM photometry.
It can be found at:
http://www.astro-wise.org/viewvc/awe/astro/experimental/kids/qcPhotom.py?view=markup

It is now applied to the photometry (i.e., PhotometricParameters)
observed since 2011-08-01.

The net result is that PhotometricParameters are in/validated (is_valid=0/2)
More explanation of what is does: below is the docstring which is more
convenient to read using the link above.

A lot of room for improvement....only severe outliers are invalidated.
But at least we have a first working quality assessment for photometry.

Best wishes, Gijs

     '''
     Quality Assessment of PhotometricParameters. For now tackle QA of
zeropoint only.
     Example usage:
         import qcPhotom
         qa=qcPhotom.qaPhotom()
         qpp=(PhotometricParameters.instrument.name=='OMEGACAM') &
(PhotometricParameters.is_valid>0) &
(PhotometricParameters.photcat.date_obs>datetime.datetime(2011,8,3)) &
(PhotometricParameters.filter.name=='OCAM_i_SDSS') &
(PhotometricParameters.chip.name=='ESO_CCD_#73')
         qa.pps=qpp
         qa.make()
     Input:
         qpp: query to PhotometricParameters (of single CCD suffices).
     Result:
         Do quality assessment on all valid (is_valid>0)
PhotometricParameters for all CCDs from the same exposure as the
supplied PhotometricParameters.
         A zeropoint difference: delta(ZPT)=(zpt-zptRef) is computed by
comparing the zeropoint to its default (i.e., "forever" / "longer-term
baseline") value zptRef.
         If any of thise have
         (zpt-zptRef)>dzptPosMax: all PhotometricParameters are
invalidated with comment "Photom: ZPT too large to be correct".
         (zpt-zptRef)<dzptNegMax: all PhotometricParameters are
invalidated with comment "Photom: ZPT too small; non-photometric weather
suspected".
         To Be Done: Additionally all KiDS OBs of that night are
Commented with "Photom: ZPT too small; non-photometric weather suspected".
     '''

--
|dr Gijs Verdoes Kleijn         |   astronomer                     |
|e-mail: verdoes at astro.rug.nl   |   OmegaCEN / Kapteyn Institute / |