[KIDS] QC coadds for KiDS-INT-DR2

jelte at strw.leidenuniv.nl jelte at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Fri Nov 16 05:49:09 CET 2012

Dear all,

> Dear COADD-QC-TEAM, dear Nicola as lead of QC catalog team.
>
> We have the following QC checks in place:
>
>   *
>     DONE: visual inspection (using QualityWISE), to identify processing
>     issues
>   *
>     DONE?/EMH: PSF difference between CoaddedRegriddedFrame and input
>     ReducedScienceFrames: see verify method in RegriddedFrame.py
>     <http://www.astro-wise.org/viewvc/awe/astro/main/RegriddedFrame.py?view=markup&sortby=file&sortdir=down>
>   *
>     DONE: consistency check on input RegriddedFrames
>
> These are either in the general verify method for CoaddedRegriddedFrames
> in RegriddedFrame.py
> <http://www.astro-wise.org/viewvc/awe/astro/main/RegriddedFrame.py?view=markup&sortby=file&sortdir=down>
> or the KiDS-INT-DR2 specific code: qcCoadd_INTDR2.py
> <http://www.astro-wise.org/viewvc/awe/astro/experimental/kids/qcCoadd_INTDR2.py?view=markup&sortby=date>
>
> I propose as next step deciding which additional checks are needed for
> KiDS-INT-DR2 at coadd level:
>   * AG+GVK+team: completion of QC coadd checks, using QC criteria coadd
> <http://wiki.astro-wise.org/projects:kids:survey_task_teams:coadds#quality_criteria_for_coaddedregriddedframes>
> as starting point.

This comes back to the email exchange from last week about the QC checks
at the different stages (coadds, single-band catalogs, multi-color
catalogs).
At that point we decided to have these three QC checks done on the coadds
(visual inspection, input data consistency, and PSF comparison with input
regrids).
I think the only possible addition might be an explicit verification of
astrometry, although we could not bother with this at the moment, but only
when GAS is included (then the plots on QualityWISE can be used for this).
>From the (very old) list on the coadd team wiki page I don't think there
is anything to add now, because the things listed there are either QC0
(which these data have already passed), dependent on catalogs, or are
basically included in the three checks we are doing already.
So I think that for the moment, the QC at coadd level can be considered to
be complete.

Cheers,
Jelte