[KIDS] INTDR2 catalog ingestion

Francesco La Barbera flabarber at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 12:33:31 CET 2012

Dear Hugo,

thanks for the great work to ingest the catalogs. Here goes the answer to
your questions:

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 12:20 PM, Hugo Buddelmeijer <buddel at astro.rug.nl>wrote:

> Hi Nicola,
>
> As I understood it, there is a first Sextractor run to measure the
> SEEING_FWHM of the final Sextractor run. It would be useful to ingest these
> as well. However this does not have priority.
>

> Furthermore, I'm not sure which catalog this would be. For every final
> catalog there are two earlier runs, with the extensions ".cat" and ".cat.1"
> in the KIDSCAT_INTDR2_52FIELDS directory. From the KIDSCAT readme I figured
> that the ".cat.1" catalog is the FWHM catalog, correct?

The .cat.1 files are exactly the catalogs produced during first-run, i.e.
there is no FWHM optimization, and no 2DPHOT flag column in the catalogs.
Pls, lemme know if you need any further info/some modification about this
stuff.

> What is the difference with the "<ObservingBlockName>.cat" and
> "<CoaddFilename>.cat"?

They are the same. I just kept both at the moment, as I was not sure on the
best way to rename the catalog files for ingestion.
I will remove "<ObservingBlockName>.cat" files in the forthcoming versions,
OK?

Thanks!!

Francesco

Greetings,