[KIDS] INTDR2 catalog ingestion

Nicola R. Napolitano napolita at na.astro.it
Fri Nov 23 12:33:40 CET 2012

On 11/23/12 12:20 PM, Hugo Buddelmeijer wrote:
> Hi Nicola,
>
> As I understood it, there is a first Sextractor run to measure the
> SEEING_FWHM of the final Sextractor run. It would be useful to ingest
> these as well. However this does not have priority.

these are .cat.1. These are the ones obtained with the default .sex
configuration. They might be useful only if one wants to reproduce the
catalog with the assumed first guess FWHM, I don't think this might be
any particular useful.

> Furthermore, I'm not sure which catalog this would be. For every final
> catalog there are two earlier runs, with the extensions ".cat" and
> ".cat.1" in the KIDSCAT_INTDR2_52FIELDS directory. From the KIDSCAT
> readme I figured that the ".cat.1" catalog is the FWHM catalog, correct?

it is the first sex run catalog to be used for the FWHM optimization.

> What is the difference with the "<ObservingBlockName>.cat" and
> "<CoaddFilename>.cat"?

in the second the first column (2DPHOT) contains a flag for the "sure
star" (=1) and the name has been changed back to the coadd file name to
make the association to the coadd easier.

Hope this clarifies. Of course Francesco can add details if needed.

Cheers,

  Nicola

email: napolita at na.astro.it
web page: http://www.na.astro.it/~napolita