[KIDS] Upload to ESO test successful

Jelte de Jong jelte at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Wed Apr 17 18:55:10 CEST 2013

Dear all,

just for your information a short email about my first test to upload
KiDS-ESO-DR1 data products to ESO.

Danny made available to me the coadds, weights and sourcelists for all 4
filters for 1 tile (KIDS_129.4_2.5), exported to have the correct ESO
Phase 3 format/headers.

I ran the Phase 3 validator tool on the data products, which was
successful and gave no errors or warnings.
Then I uploaded the files to the Phase 3 ftp server, after creating the
first KiDS data collection and data release within the Phase 3 release
manager (I won't bore you with the details of that).
Also that was successful, with all files taking ~50 minutes to transfer.
No masks were included yet, but it seems 1 hour is a good rule of thumb
for the time it takes to transfer the data products for 1 tile.

This might of course increase if all surveys start uploading their data
products at the same time...
Therefore I want to start uploading the coadds and weights (which for
sure should be the final versions now) soon.

Cheers,
Jelte

--
Dr. Jelte T. A. de Jong