[KIDS] Improved background subtraction to remove CCD edge vignetting

Nicola R. Napolitano napolita at na.astro.it
Wed Jan 9 13:52:46 CET 2013

Hi Hugo and all,

the corrected images look very good, nice job.
We had a quick check to the image that looked worse than the others with
clear severe features for CCD vignetting, i.e. KIDS_175.0_-0.5i from the
wiki page.
In attachment the catalogs before and after the correction. Red are all
sources, green the "good" ones.
The situation is indeed improved and also if there remains some slight
horizontal features in the coadd in the area of CCD82, the catalogs are
note significantly affected. Of course we want to look in more details
at the extracted sources in that area.

All other images you sent in your examples with residual CCD gaps did
not actually present spurious detection in catalogs, thus we expect the
improvement here is on the photometry measurement uncertainty.

Cheers,

Nicola