[KIDS] Improved background subtraction to remove CCD edge vignetting

Hugo Buddelmeijer buddel at astro.rug.nl
Thu Jan 10 11:30:29 CET 2013

Hi Nicola,

Thanks for testing that the bar removal indeed improved KIDS_175.0_-0.5
i as well, indeed a troublesome observation.

We decided in the telecon to check the effect on the photometry on a
full tile. KIDS_184.0_-1.5 is a good test case, since it shows bar
problems in at least g, r and i. Could you compare the photometry for
these coadds:

band:  old object_id                new object_id
u: ce4fc4615d66ebf2e0407d81e60e07f4 D2DE8960273B568DE0407D81E60E7CAD
g: ce4cd66f33e9ad69e0407d81e60e6525 D2DE4D015103EF62E0407D81E60E7A67
r: ce4cfe555662aa8ee0407d81e60e6745 D2ED2945BFE943D9E0407D81E60E02BC
i: ce4ebb600dd0e946e0407d81e60e7a9d D2DE896026D9568DE0407D81E60E7CAD

These are all three improved by the new algorithm, although i still
shows residual bars. The u band image is visually improved as well,
although this is a side-effect. Links to the dbviewer are on the wiki:
   http://wiki.astro-wise.org/projects:kids:tbarvignetting

Greetings,
Hugo