[WP3] Oracle 10g

Danny R. Boxhoorn danny at astro.rug.nl
Tue Feb 10 10:17:10 CET 2004

Dear all,

Oracle 10g is now available for download from otn.oracle.com for Linux, Solars 64-bit and HP-UX.

See

   http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/database/oracle10g/index.html

and here is some info about it

   http://otn.oracle.com/products/database/oracle10g/index.html

"Enterprise Grid Computing", "Self tuning & management" and "Native datatypes" are the three things that sound interesting, but we'll have to look at what's new to find out if there's something for us.
"Grid Computing" in particular sounds familiar, but we have to find out if the title represents something that we can use for our federation effort.
Once you had a look you can share your opinion on the list.

Cheers,

                                                   Danny