[WP3] Federation - Oracle 9i Streams Messaging

Danny R. Boxhoorn danny at astro.rug.nl
Fri Mar 26 13:30:54 CET 2004

Dear all,

Before we continue trying to get Oracle Streams working with Oracle 9i we
should have a good look at what Oracle 10g has to offer us.
It now says in the Advanced Replication documentation (http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B13789_01/server.101/b10732/repplan.htm#13987)

   "You can replicate tables and materialized views that use user-defined types, including column objects, object tables, REFs, varrays, and nested tables."

This suggest that what we want to achieve is now possible. There are also
some caveats, so it's not certain that this will solve all our problems.
However, we should first have a closer look at this before we continue.
It's not clear to me yet if Oracle Streams also can handle the above list
of datatypes. We'll be experimenting with Oracle 10g here soon, and I
realize not all of you will be able to do this on such a short notice.
It would be very useful if you could browse the Advanced Replication and
Streams documentation and see what datatypes it does or does not support.

Cheers,

                                                   Danny