[KIDS] Conference on survey calibrations

Gijs Verdoes Kleijn verdoes at astro.rug.nl
Sun Apr 15 08:08:04 CEST 2012

Dear KiDS team,

Jelte and I will participate remotely in the conference "Calibration and
Standardization of Large Surveys and Missions in Astronomy and
Astrophysics" at Fermilab coming week (Mo-Th). There are several talks
of direct relevance to our efforts. You are kindly invited by the
conference organizers to watch the conference videostream (see
instructions below).
On Tuesday evening (CET) I will present a talk "Photometric calibration
of the Kilo Degree Survey (KiDS)" (abstract at
https://indico.fnal.gov/abstractDisplay.py?abstractId=63&confId=4958
<https://indico.fnal.gov/abstractDisplay.py?abstractId=63&confId=4958>).

Best wishes, Gijs

Videostream instructions:
Non-interactive. We will broadcast the conference by videostream.
During the conference, the videostream broadcast will be available
here: http://www-visualmedia.fnal.gov/live.htm
To test beforehand, there is a test videostream here:
http://vmsstreamer1.fnal.gov/VMS/Flash/FlashSample/index.htm
The test videostream shows a rotating ball (sort of like
a molten Moon), with a jazz audio background.
We will just videostream the slides, so you won't be able to see
the people (but you will be able to hear them speak).

--
|dr Gijs Verdoes Kleijn         |   astronomer                     |
|e-mail: verdoes at astro.rug.nl   |   OmegaCEN / Kapteyn Institute / |