[KIDS] Improved background subtraction to remove CCD edge vignetting

Francesco La Barbera flabarber at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 12:45:37 CET 2013

Hi Jelte,

this is the difference of mags in the sense "after - before" IBSA.
As you can see there is a significant tail towards positive values, as
mentioned
in our previous email. These objects have too faint mags  after IBSA,
possibly
because of a flux oversubtraction (as shown by the comparison to SDSS).

So, we improve detection at the  the price of somewhat worse photometry
for some (<20%) true objects in the *affected* regions.

Cheers,
F.