[WP3] New "awe" wrapper script

Danny R. Boxhoorn danny at astro.rug.nl
Wed Jan 28 14:01:19 CET 2004

Dear all,

Although this is not strictly about databases it is related to our setups.
It is now possible to use the wildcards `?' and `*' in queries with the .like() method on persistent string attributes. (I believe there's an example in the
opipe/docs/Manual)
Because of that we had some problems passing these wildcards from the
command line (or os.system() in python) to a python program through our
`awe' wrapper. Therefore, there is now a new Toolbox/awe.sh which can
be used instead. I recommend that you add your domain to it and put it
in CVS.

Cheers,

                                                   Danny