[WP3] Nieuw version Test dataserver

Kor Begeman kgb at astro.rug.nl
Wed Feb 18 15:07:12 CET 2009

Jan,

it is indeed so that you should start the test dataserver in exactly the
same directory as the normal dataserver (the one listening on port
8000). But you should overrule the settings for remote_dataservers and
local_dataservers to point to port 18000 instead of port 8000. Otherwise
the test dataservers start to communicate with the normal dataservers.
The overruling is simply done by defining them in the environment, i.e.
like: "env local_dataservers=..... remote_dataservers=.... awe ..."

You also have defined in your local_dataservers the PanStarrs
dataserver. I assume that you have a separate database for PanStarrs but
then you also need a separate dataserver. Since we don't federate with
your PanStarrs database we will never be able to retrieve those
PanStarrs files (which is OK) but since you have coupled the PanStarrs
dataserver with our dataservers we will never find an Astro-Wise file on
that PanStarrs dataserver (unless you also mix Astro-Wise files with
PanStarrs files) and looking there is a waste of time.

So if you do not mix Astro-Wise files with PanStarrs files please remove
the PanStarrs dataserver from the local_dataservers environment variable.

Cheers,

Kor

--
e-Mail                              kgb at astro.rug.nl, k.begeman at rug.nl